- AARP Website: http://www.aarp.org
- AARP’s complimentary reverse mortgage booklet Home Made Money: http://www.aarp.org/revmort
- National Association of Home Builders http://www.nahb.org/directory
- Social Security Administration: http://www.ssa.gov
- US Census Bureau For the index of data provided by the US Census Bureau visit: http://www.factfinder2.census.gov
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Educating Seniors about investing wisely and avoiding fraud: http://www.sec.gov/investor/seniors.shtml
Health & Aging
- Aging with Dignity’s Five Wishes document http://www.agingwithdignity.org
- Alzheimer’s Disease Education and Referral Center http://www.nia.nih.gov/alzheimers
- Book: The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Long Term Care Planning by Marilee Driscoll
- Medicare information at: http://www.medicare.gov
- The National Right to Life Committee’s “Will to Live”: http://www.nrlc.org
- National Hospice and Palliative Care: http://www.caringinfo.org
- Non-medical assistance to help the elderly stay in their homes longer http://www.visitingangels.com http://www.rightathome.net http://www.homeinstead.com
- NAR 2013 research study: Home Buyer and Seller Generational Trends http://www.realtor.org/reports/home-buyer-and-seller-generational-trends
- American Society of Home Inspectors: http://www.ashi.org
- National Association of Certified Home Inspectors: http://www.nachi.org
- National Association of Home Inspectors: http://www.nahi.org
- Protect your home from weathering conditions: http://www.flash.org/
Housing Facility Resources
- To compare congregate housing facilities, see the checklists at http://www.carepathways.com/checklist-ccrc.cfm or http://www.getcare.com
- The American Moving and Storage Association provides consumer information about moving household goods: http://www.moving.org
- National Association of Professional Organizers: http://www.napo.net
- A host of assistive devices: http://www.elderstore.com
- A neighborhood information search engine: http://www.neighborhoodscout.com
- Ergonomic gadgets for the kitchen, cleaning, and garden: http://www.oxo.com
- Information about the upper tier residential market: http://www.luxuryhomemarketing.com
- Seniors Superstores: http://www.seniorsuperstores.com
- Technology products to foster independent living: http://www.enablemart.com
- When your client needs to dispose of books, http://www.booksforamerica.com distributes to charities. To sell collections, go to http://www.elephantbooks.com, individual books http://www.amazon.com
Age in Place
AgeInPlace.com provides a way for consumers to discover relevant and useful information about aging in place through topics such as real estate, home modifications, finances, health care and assistive technology. This consumer education supports the efforts of professional organizations like SRES® and creates an additional avenue of referrals for SRES® designees.
Our goal is to be a reference for agents to gather information regarding the aging in place process, which will enable them to stay current on market trends and better serve their clients.
The Alzheimer’s Association
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. The mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. The Alzheimer’s Association’s core programs and services are delivered through 77 chapters, regional offices, and other locations, which total over 300 points of service throughout the United States. Its goal is to help inform, engage, and serve the growing number of SRES®designees and their senior clients, who represent the fastest growing market in real estate, with information and resources to help successful aging, caregiving, and safety in the home via SRES®Council channels. For more information, visit www.alz.org
Everything But the House
EVERYTHING BUT THE HOUSE brings the thrill of estate sale shopping online. We’re transforming estate sales into a sophisticated online auction experience, and maximizing sales potential by reaching bidders and buyers worldwide. Our mission is to be the world’s largest and most trusted marketplace for estate sales. We created this business with the simple notion of providing a transparent and seamless solution for families and individuals looking to sell their collections. Eight years later, we are still committed to our vision of a revolutionary platform for one-of-a-kind discoveries, powered by the same unparalleled service and our innovative technology. For more information https://www.ebth.com/
Reverse Mortgage Funding LLC
Learn how the Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) for Purchase home financing program can help you sell more homes, by making it easier for people age 62 and older to buy the home they desire. This proven loan option can give them additional spending power, making it easier for them to afford the amenities they need or the upgrades they want. To learn more about how HECM for Purchase can be a key ingredient in helping more home shoppers become buyers, please contact the Education Help Desk at 977-240-1080 or HECMforPurchase@reversefunding.com. (Company NMLS ID #1019941, Equal Housing Lender).
The Senior List
The Senior List is a new grass roots web portal that links consumers with quality senior related services. It is a custom built database managed largely by consumers and businesses themselves. You can add your own business to the database and, once your business is listed, you’ll be accessible by the countless family members looking for senior real estate professionals.
The mission at The Senior List is to bring consumers and quality senior citizen related businesses together. They accomplish this with FREE general listings on their custom database. They also accomplish this by giving you options to enhance your visibility on the site through a variety of options. One (FREE) option is to ask your clientele to provide a referral on your business listing. It takes about 3 minutes to complete, and can be wonderful word of mouth advertising for you. There’s simply nothing better than a customer referral, and again, this is free to both you and to your clientele. The Senior List is offering special rates for SRES® designees for additional enhanced options.
Silver Planet empowers boomers and seniors to make informed decisions about aging in place and housing options. Silver Planet’s team provides the latest information on scams, housing, financial planning, caregiving, spirituality, elder law, health, and new tech tools for staying at home, thus providing the information you need to make aging with choice a reality.
Starker Services, Inc.
Starker Services, Inc. is the nation’s oldest, largest and most experienced independent 1031 Exchange Intermediary. Starker’s commitment to unparalleled service and ongoing continuing education for Realtors has earned their company national recognition as the leader in 1031 exchanges. Starker has provided training and worked with SRES for over a decade and every major real estate firm has used Starker to help clients with the strategies available on the sale of investment property.
Starker performs all types of exchanges including delayed, construction, reverse and personal property. Contact Starker Services for complimentary literature and/or a consultation on this powerful tool for agents at 800-332-1031 or email@example.com.
SeniorAdvisor.com is the largest consumer ratings and reviews site for senior living communities and home care providers across the U.S. and Canada. The innovative website provides easy access to the information families need when making a senior care decision, and features trusted reviews and advice from local residents and their loved ones. The website provides an open platform for residents and their families to share their first-hand experience of their senior care services to help others in search for senior care. For more information, please visit www.SeniorAdvisor.com or call (866) 592-8119.